Lavender Simple Syrup
Summer is the perfect time to experiment with fresh flavors in your cocktails! Today we’re bringing you a favorite summer cocktail companion of ours: Lavender Simple Syrup. This syrup is great with some gin and lemonade for a quick and easy drink. For a more fun and involved cocktail, we’ve shared one of our favorites below — it’s perfect for your fillable bags too! Feeling something non-alcoholic? We recommend unsweet tea + some lavender simple syrup for a drink that’s fresh and positively irresistible.
For the Lavender Simple Syrup you will need:
- 1 cup lavender buds
- 1 part water
- 1 part sugar (white granulated sugar is best for a prettier syrup)
1. Harvest lavender that isn’t fully flowered yet.
2. Strip the buds from the stems (Bonus: The smell will give you a calming sensation!).
3. Bring desired amount of water to a boil — there are several ways to make simple syrup, but generally the ratio is 1:1 (water to sugar). For about a cup of buds we used 1 ½ cups water to 1 ½ cups sugar.
4. Stir in sugar and continue stirring until dissolved.
5. Remove from heat and pour in lavender buds.
6. Steep for at least an hour (or more — it makes the whole house smell divine!)
7. Pour through a sieve into container. Store your Lavender Simple Syrup in the fridge for up to 3 weeks!
For a fun summer cocktail that uses Lavender Simple Syrup, we recommend this Lavender Margarita from the Food Network! It’s super effortless to make, and it can easily be translated to work in our Fillable Bags, which we have done for you below. This makes it foolproof for serving drinks at your next socially-distanced gathering.
For Fillable Bag cocktail, you will need:
- 6.25 oz of Water
- 46 oz Tequila
- 13.5 oz Cointreau
- 21 oz of Lavender Simple Syrup
- Juice from 13.5 limes or 13.5 oz lime juice.
Makes ~25 drinks.