Sassy Peachy Summer Shim Recipe
If you couldn’t tell, this trilogy of recipe blog posts has been heavily influenced by Ketel One vodka. We’ve been loving their botanical inspired line of spirits, which is full of flavors that are perfect for session cocktails. We promise we aren’t sponsored! Although Ketel One, if you see this, hit us up ;).
Sassy Peachy Summer Shim
Ready in 15 minutes
Makes 20 servings
- Sprig of purple basil
- Sprig of orange mint
- 2 peaches, sliced (more for garnish)
- 11 oz Ketel One Peach and Orange Blossom vodka
- 5 teaspoons Grand Marnier
- 11 cups Simply Peach juice drink
- Dark rum (or bourbon) to rinse the glass
- Tear mint and basil leaves and place into fillable bag along with sliced peaches.
- Pour in vodka, Grand Marnier and Simply Peach.
- Place fillable bag on top of ice pack in your Nook.
- Before serving, swirl glass with rum or bourbon (then pour out), then serve the yummy summer shim out of your Wine Nook over ice. Garnish with mint, basil, and/or peaches. Enjoy!
Washing the inside of your glass with a spirit beforehand imparts the desired flavor to your cocktail without adding on unnecessary alcohol content. Because this cocktail is designed to be low-proof, we focused more on the flavors of certain ingredients than on bulking up the ABV. We suggest saving the alcohol by pouring it back into the bottle after swirling into your glass. If you’d like to learn more about the idea behind low-proof cocktails (aka session cocktails, shims, and suppressors) please check out our first blog post about them here.